The Alpha Alpha Chapter of Rho Chi at Creighton University has a wonderful legacy of excellence and we are proud of the great work our Rho Chi students have done to advance the mission of the Society.
Chapter Project Proposal Awards
We have received national recognition for our three Project Proposals with the Fred LeRoy Center:
- Sustaining partnership with the Fred LeRoy Health and Wellness Center (2006)
- Continuing partnership with the Fred LeRoy Health and Wellness Center (2003)
- Partnering with the Ponca Health and Wellness Center (2001)
We were also recognized nationally for our 2007 Project Proposal entitled "Meeting Community Health Care Needs: Pharmacy Students as Pharmaceutical Care Information Resources." This project described our chapter's involvement in designing two educational programs covering five classes of psychotropic medications for adult and pediatric health care providers at the Region 6 Behavioral Healthcare facility. The students designed learning materials and handouts, as well as gave an oral presentation to the health care staff at the adult and pediatric care facilities.
Chapter Achievement Award
In 2006, the Alpha Alpha Chapter was recognized with the Chapter Achievement Award, which is given to the chapter deemed by the National Executive Council as the most outstanding chapter in the country.
This award was earned the same year that our chapter was recognized with a Project Proposal Award, and this was the first time in Rho Chi history that a single chapter won both awards in the same year!
The Chapter has a rich history of community service. The projects that stand out in recent years are:
- The Sonshine Ministry Project -- Providing clothing and over the counter medications to Tanzanian orphans.
- The Pine Ridge Clothing Drive -- Provided an entire van load of warm clothing to the people of Pine Ridge during a particulary cold winter when many were without heat.
- The Liberty School Project -- Provision of lice treatments for distribution to children at this low income school.
- Girls Inc. Library Project -- Over 200 volumes suitable for girls of all ages were donated to the facility.
Faculty Advisor Awards
The Chapter has been blessed over the years with great faculty advisors. Two of our advisors have won the National Faculty Advisor Award (Dr. Victoria Roche in 2010 and Dr. Amy Haddad in 1995). The purpose of this award is to recognize the uniqe contributions and accomplishments of outstanding faculty advisors. This award is also intended to serve as a model for other advisors to stimulate chapter activities, diligence, and punctuality. The selection critera for this award include:
- Sustained record of helping to build leadership in chapter offices for at least two years.
- Stimulation of students to develop unique chapter programs.
- Perseverance to assist in building a strong chapter.
- Punctuality in submitting reports and materials to the National Office.